Thursday, March 14, 2013

So and so...



“Uh boy, here comes so-and so.”

We've all been acquainted with so-and so, at one time or another.  You recognize them, try to sidestep them, and before you know it they pounce on you.

Someone once told me that he had actually hid in his closet, while so-and-so banged ruthlessly on the front door and began tapping windows, just to make sure no one was home before he actually left!

I laughed myself silly at his antics. When my laughter died down, I said with a straight face, “Seriously, he can’t be that bad.”

“I’d rather hide in my closet!” he yelped.

Tears of laughter streamed down my cheeks, once again.

“No, really… he’d sit here forever and grumble about all his problems and you wouldn't get a word in edgewise! They’re the same complaints over-and over.”

I had to admit I feel the same way about one of my so-and so’s , though I’d bite the bullet and answer the door, not hide in the closet!  Don’t you just love those conversations that always have a “poor- me” ring to it?

We should all mind our grumbling.

The children of Israel were one big camp of whiners. Poor Moses! If I were him I’d have been whining about the whiners! Teach us Lord, that casting our cares on you does not mean a free complaint department somewhere in Heaven.

And the people complained in the hearing of the Lord about their misfortunes, and when the Lord heard it, his anger was kindled, and the fire of the Lord burned among them and consumed some outlying parts of the camp. Then the people cried out to Moses, and Moses prayed to the Lord, and the fire died down. So the name of that place was called Taberah, because the fire of the Lord burned among them. Now the rabble that was among them had a strong craving. And the people of Israel also wept again and said, “Oh that we had meat to eat! ~ Numbers 11:1-4         

~Blessings, Diane Velikis

2 comments:

  1. my "so and so" would call me at 9 or 10 pm and all this person did was "woe is me", this went on for many, many years... i was physically not able to carry her burdens, as Paul asks us to do. prayers and blessings... † ೋღ

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a delicate line between caring each other's burdens and enabling a complainer. The Lord lovingly teaches us discernment, as we mosey along that narrow path.

    ReplyDelete