Monday, February 25, 2013

Waiting, Wondering, Wilting




 Waiting, Wondering, Wilting



When your answers to prayer seem delayed, and your  circumstance coagulates with more problems, I think one of the most sweltering trials we all face can be named with just one word­­­­—wait


I have learned time and time again, that I’m just not very good at it; in fact, I abhor it. (I know, I know, not very patient of me.)


For example, did you ever wait for healing, but instead, your pain seemed to have gotten worse, and your prayers sounded like a weak, muffled, “help me." Did you ever wait for a financial breakthrough, but instead the bills had mounted up steeper and steeper? After a few sighs and prayers, you stared at the mutant stack, concluding; now you need an even bigger miracle.


We all wait. And wait. Like the girl who has been patiently and prayerfully waiting for Mr. Right. Like prisoners such as
 Pastor Saeed Adedini. Surly God will cause an earthquake to expedite his release! 

Still, we wait and wait.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I have a proper time table that I hold God to, and expect Him to act accordingly.

Common sense, logic, and mental reasoning, echo it just can’t get any worse, and I should expect my miracle soon. Instead, I meet the hard face of delay, and to me it looks like a cruel monster.

Like the water in a vase with a flower, faith begins to evaporate, and you’re left waiting, wondering, and wilting. 


I have noticed that it’s during those times, that someone will come along and give you encouragement. 

It’s those times, that a faithful friend will agree with you in prayer, and offer to help. 
It’s those times, that  your faith stops wondering, and gets jump started by a member of your Christian family, and for those times, I thank you. ~Diane Velikis


~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."               





No comments:

Post a Comment