Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Simplify is Not so Simple


                             

Is it just me, or is it true that the more we age, the more we realize how much simpler life was back in the old days? I’m at that crossroad, and the best part is yearning for that unpretentious life. The worst part is arriving there and downsizing.

There’s so much stuff to do!

There is the exhausting occupation of preparing to place my house on the market, not to mention the dreaded challenge of decluttering.  Did I forget to reference both my husband and I are facing physical challenges?
I know this is not just one of my bright ideas, because it’s going to require a lot of God back-up to accomplish.

The actual fun part, (for me anyway) is being creative when sprucing up the amenities to be showcased, but that’s just the beginning.  As a Realtor I know I’ll need to cover all bases, not just the cosmetic ones. There’s an over-flooded market of homes with few qualified buyers.  
But that’s when God shown me Isaiah 43:19 and this time it jumped at me.  “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

Since we cannot take anything in this world with us when we leave, it's so much more rewarding to give things away now, besides, they have a way of becoming high maintenance. It's time to put my dust rag down. 
Pamela Kern helps us keep a clear perspective with a list of "Six of the Things That God Won’t Ask on That Day."
1. God won’t ask what kind of car you drive. He’ll ask how many people you drove that didn’t have transportation.

2. God won’t ask the square footage of your house. He’ll ask how many you welcomed into your home.
3. God won’t ask about the clothes you had in your closet. He’ll ask how many you helped to clothe.

4. God won’t ask what your highest salary was. He’ll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.
5. God won’t ask what your job title was. He’ll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.

6. God won’t ask in what neighborhood you lived. He’ll ask how you treated your neighbors.

Do you desire the simple things in life? Have you decided it's time to downsize?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment